How To Use Mendeley 101:
Desktop, Web Importer & The MS Word Plugin.
If you’re still fumbling about trying to manage citations and references manually (or with Word’s terrible reference manager), please stop now. In this video, we’ll show you how to use Mendeley to optimise your citation management and referencing. Invest 10 minutes learning how to use Mendeley and you’ll never struggle with reference management again.
What We Cover In This Video
Mendeley Installation & setup:
We walk you through the basics of downloading, installing and getting Mendeley set up on your computer.
- How to install Mendeley Desktop
- How to install Mendeley Web Importer
- How to install the Mendeley MS Word Plugin
Reference building using Mendeley:
We show you how to add your existing literature to Mendeley so that its ready for use in your documents.
- How to populate your database Mendeley using PDF drag & drop
- How to use Mendeley’s literature search functionality
- How to use Mendeley’s Web Importer to grab data off web pages.
- How to manually enter references into Mendeley
Inserting citations & creating a reference list in Word:
We show you how Mendeley functions within Microsoft Word, and how to get the most out of it.
- How to change the reference style in Word
- How to add new reference styles in Word
- How to insert citations in Word
- How to edit citations to give the author the leading voice
- How to create a reference list/bibliography
Have a question about how to use Mendeley?
If you have any further questions about how to use Mendeley, you’re welcome to leave a comment below. We’re not Mendeley experts, but we’ll do our best to help if we can.