Dr Eunice Rautenbach (DTech)
Accomplished in the teaching and development of programmes for English for Specific Purposes (ESP), she has an extensive background in teaching, developing and implementing such curricula and programmes.
Eunice has taught Business English and English for Academic Purposes to several students from diverse cultures and nationalities in the fields of Engineering, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Hospitality Management, Office Management and Technology, Tourism Management, Event Management, Economic Management and Analysis and Retail Management.
- Lecturer (Business & Academic English) – Tshwane University of Technology
- Lecturer (Business English & English Didactics) – Transvaal College of Education
- English Teacher – Tuine Technical Secondary School
- Doctor of Technology (DTech) Language Practice (Business English & Curriculum Development) – Tshane University of Technology
- Masters of Technology (MTech) Language Practice – Tshane University of Technology
- BA Honours English – North-West University
- Higher Education Diploma English Didactics – North-West University
- Bachelor’s Egnlish Language and Literature – North-West University
Eunice’s research focus is on Business English, Employability and Work-Integrated Learning (WIL), and she is a supervisor of Masters and Doctoral students in the field of language. She has served as Chairperson of the Departmental Teaching and Learning Committee, as well as Project Coordinator for a university-wide language project: English proficiency support to students at university entry-level and supporting graduates with employability attributes pertaining to the English language.
- OLIFANT, F.M., CEKISO, P.M. & RAUTENBACH, E. 2019. Teachers’ perceptions of Grades 8 – 10 English First Additional Language learners’ reading habits, attitudes and motivation. Reading and Writing.
- RAUTENBACH, E. & MANN, C.C. 2019. Enhancing Tourism graduate employability with English for Occupational Purposes: South African academic and industry perspectives. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, 8 (4).
- OLIFANT, F.M., RAUTENBACH, E. & CEKISO, P.M. 2018. Reading habits and attitudes of grades 8 -10 English second language learners in Eersterust, South Africa. Journal for Language Teaching, 51(2).
- RAUTENBACH, E., MANN, C.C. & VAN RYNEVELD, L. 2018. Developing curricula for English for Occupational Purposes: a case study at a South African University of Technology. South African Journal of Higher Education, 3(2): 237‒257.
- ROSSOUW, S., RAUTENBACH, E., PRITCHARD, M. & SITTO, K. 2018. Essential digital business tools for organisations. In: Pritchard, M. & Sitto, K. 2018. Connect Writing for Online Audiences. Cape Town: Juta.
- RAUTENBACH, E., MANN, C.C. & VAN RYNEVELD, L. 2017. Curriculum development methodologies for English for Occupational Purposes in Tourism Management: A case study from a South African university of technology. African Journal of Hospitality