David Phair (PhD)
Meet David, our Coaching Team Leader
As a passionate science communicator, David has lectured, tutored and supervised research students over the last six years.
At Grad Coach, David manages the Coaching Team, while also working directly with a select group of clients. His passion for helping students, combined with his extensive research experience make him an asset to any project.
- Methodology: Quantitative, qualitative, mixed
- Collection methods: Surveys, interviews, focus groups, observation, meta-analyses
- Analysis methods: Descriptive and inferential statistics, regressions, boosted regression trees, social network analyses, spatial analyses, qualitative analysis
- Research interests: Natural sciences (Biological sciences), scientific communication, education
- Supported software: R, SPSS, Statistica, Inkscape
David has worked as an academic tutor at Stellenbosch University for over 6 years, helping students manage the demands of tertiary education. He has lectured and facilitated various courses and classes at Stellenbosch University, and co-supervised research projects. David has also worked as an academic editor at Cactus Communications, helping researchers bring their manuscripts up to the high standard required for publication.
In short, David’s passion for science communication and student development, combined with strong research skills make him a dynamic, high-impact coach.
David completed his BSc (Honours) in Biodiversity and Ecology at Stellenbosch University. He then went on to complete his MSc in Zoology, followed by a PhD in Zoology, which focused on social-based disease mitigation.
David has also completed courses in science communication and learning facilitation, making him a skilled communicator, educator and coach.
Book a consultation
Interested in working with David? Book a no-obligation consultation, to discuss how you could work together to conquer your dissertation, thesis or research project.