David Phair (PhD)
Meet Grad Coach’s quantitative wiz, David.
As a passionate science communicator, David has lectured, tutored and supervised research students over the years, covering various topics across the natural sciences. David’s passion for science education and communication, meticulous attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to his clients make him your greatest asset when writing up your research.
- Methodology: Quantitative, qualitative, mixed
- Collection methods: Surveys, interviews, focus groups, observation, meta-analyses
- Analysis methods: Descriptive and inferential statistics, regressions, boosted regression trees, social network analyses, spatial analyses, qualitative analysis
- Research interests: Natural sciences (Biological sciences), scientific communication, education
- Supported software: R, SPSS, Statistica, Inkscape
David has worked as an academic tutor at Stellenbosch University for over 4 years, helping students manage the demands of tertiary education. He has lectured and facilitated various courses and classes at Stellenbosch University, and co-supervised research projects. David has also worked as an academic editor at Cactus Communications, helping researchers bring their manuscripts up to high standard required for publication.
In short, David’s passion for science communication and student development, combined with strong research skills make him a dynamic, high impact coach.
David completed his BSc (Honours) in Biodiversity and Ecology at Stellenbosch University. He then went on to complete his MSc in Zoology and, followed by a PhD in Zoology, which focused on social-based disease mitigation.
David has also completed courses in science communication and learning facilitation, making him a skilled communicator, educator and coach.
Book a consultation
Interested in working with David? Book a no-obligation consultation to discuss how you could work together to conquer your dissertation, thesis or research project.